For those teachers who had students submit papers or websites for judging yesterday, here is what your students can expect from the judging process.
- This week, the History Day staff will sort all the papers and websites into judge teams and send them out to our judges.
- The judges will evaluate the papers and websites and choose their top entries. Judge decisions are due to us by March 27.
- Paper and website finalists will be notified by the History Day staff of their advancement to the next level by April 3. Students who do not receive notification will not be advancing.
- Finalists will receive their judge sheets and can make any revisions they choose for the state competition. Revised papers and websites are due to the History Day office by April 20.
- Although only notified finalists will be interviewed at the state contest, all paper and website students will receive their judge sheets by about the second week of April.
- Finalists will be interviewed at the state competition on Saturday, May 2. Two papers and two websites from each age division will be chosen to represent Minnesota at the national competition. Non-finalist papers will be on display at the state event, but unfortunately, space and technology will not allow us to display all websites.
If you have any questions about this process, please let us know. Finalists are encouraged to make changes before state, based on judge comments and teacher input.