Home / Collections / Podcast & Blog » Milwaukee Road agent’s telephone

Collections

Collections Up Close

December 1, 2011

Milwaukee Road agent’s telephone

Filed under: Item of the Day — Lizzie Ehrenhalt @ 9:30 am

Milwaukee Road telephone

Candlestick-style telephone used by Milwaukee Road railway agents.  The Milwaukee Road (also known as the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad) operated for almost 150 years from its founding in 1847 until its merger with the Soo Line in 1986.  The telephone was manufactured by the Western Electric Company circa 1904.

For more details, view the telephone in our collections catalog.

Bookmark and Share

Comments are closed.



An Ounce of Preservation: A Guide to the Care of Papers and Photographs