Looking for a last-minute getaway for the weekend? The Gunflint Trail Association near Grand Marais offers a fun and unique winter experience.
• Listen to Rose Arrowsmith DeCoux, storyteller
• View snow sculptures on the Gunflint Trail
• Fish in the Ridge Riders’ Trout Derby
• Snowshoe the obstacle course
• Compete in the mini-winter Olympics
• Ride the Snowmobile Poker Run
• Play broomball
• Savor a Mongolian Firepot dinner
• Enjoy winter presentations
• Dine and dance to “Trail’s End Band”
New: Saturday, Feb. 27–Opening of the exhibit of the Winter Plein Air Painting Festival at Gunflint Lodge. This is a great opportunity to mingle with the artists and view/purchase locally painted scenes. The exhibit will also be open on Sunday, Feb. 28, from 10 am-2 pm.
For schedules and more details, visit http://www.wintertracks.com/